May 3, 2020
Continuing with the Dispensation and this week is the Dispensation of Grace the 6th Dispensation and also I will cover the 70th week of Daniel's Prophecy which is 7 years and is a part of the Law Dispensation.
The Dispensation of Grace:
(a) From the descent of the Holy Spirit (Pentecost, the birth of the Church) to the Descent of Christ or the Rapture of the Church, 1 Thess. 4: 13-18. The period of Grace covers the book of Acts through the Epistles.
- Man's state at the beginning is a lost condition. Rom 3: 9-20; Eph. 2:2. There are two classes of people in the world, the saved sinners and lost sinners.
(b) Man's responsibility.
- To believe in the Lord Jesus Christ: John 3:36, acts 16:31, John 1: 11-13, Rom. 4:8, 5: 1-2, Eph 2: 8-9, Gal: 5:6, Titus 3:5. Man is not saved by works but by faith alone.
(c) Man's failure:
- Become lovers of themselves, of money, and of pleasure more than lovers of God. 11 Tim. 3:1-7
- Having a form of godliness but without power.
- Would make God a liar through unbelief which is the most colossal failure of the dispensations. 1 John 5:10
(d) Consequences of man's failure: God will give them up to their unbelief. 1 Tim. 4: 1-3; 11 Tim. 4: 3-4
(e) Moral condition. Fallen and sinful.
(f) Divine Mercy: God has provided salvation for the whole human race
The 70th week of Daniel, 7-year tribulation, the last week of the Law Dispensation and is called the Day of Jacob's Trouble which is Judgment or Tribulation.
(a) From the Rapture of the Church to the Millennium: Rev. 6:19, Dan 12: 1; Jer. 30:7, Rev. 4 & 5
- State of the man at the beginning. 1 Thess. 4: 16-18
(a) The Church is taken away which means there is a race on earth that does not have in it "salt" to prevent corruption. 11 Thess. 2: 1-12
(b) The Holy Spirit's omnipresent will still be here to deal with sinners but since the church is gone He will no longer be active in connection with the Church.
(1) Man's failure. The men who are evil will not repent. Rev. 9:20-21, Rev. 18: 21-24
(2) Man's responsibility. To recognize God and to worship God. Rev. 14:6
(3) Consequences of man's failure. Utter destruction. Ps. 2: 1-6, Rev. 14:20, Zech. 14:4, Rev. 19: 17-21
(4) Moral condition: A godless group of people from whom all restraint has been taken by the removal of the Church
(5) Divine Mercy: Shown by the saved Gentiles and Sealed Israelites.
Wayne McDoanld, Pastor